10 interesting nutrition facts!
Friday February 6, 2015 at 6:04pm
- Asparagus is a good source of vitamins A, C and E, B-complex vitamins, potassium and zinc.
- An avocado has more than twice as much potassium as a banana.
- Broccoli contains twice the vitamin C of an orange and almost as much calcium as whole milk, and the calcium is better absorbed!
- Celery is the best vegetable source of naturally occurring sodium.
- Kale contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which protect the eyes from macular degeneration.
- To increase the protein in peanut butter, Brewer’s yeast can be mixed in - a useful tip for vegetarians.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, which is good for the prostate and building the immune system.
- Lemons are considered one of the world's healthiest foods - one lemon contains your daily dose of vitamin C, it cleanses the liver, boosts your immunity and aids in weight loss. Try adding it to a mug of warm water to kick start your day!
- Eggs contain the highest quality food protein known. All parts of an egg are edible, including the shell which has a high calcium content.
- The mushroom is the only non-animal natural source of vitamin D.
Other blog posts on this subject