10 interesting nutrition facts!
1 min read
- Asparagus is a good source of vitamins A, C and E, B-complex vitamins, potassium and zinc.
- An avocado has more than twice as much potassium as a banana.
- Broccoli contains twice the vitamin C of an orange and almost as much calcium as whole milk, and the calcium is better absorbed!
- Celery is the best vegetable source of naturally occurring sodium.
- Kale contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which protect the eyes from macular degeneration.
- To increase the protein in peanut butter, Brewer’s yeast can be mixed in - a useful tip for vegetarians.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, which is good for the prostate and building the immune system.
- Lemons are considered one of the world's healthiest foods - one lemon contains your daily dose of vitamin C, it cleanses the liver, boosts your immunity and aids in weight loss. Try adding it to a mug of warm water to kick start your day!
- Eggs contain the highest quality food protein known. All parts of an egg are edible, including the shell which has a high calcium content.
- The mushroom is the only non-animal natural source of vitamin D.
A healthy balanced diet is the best way to consume all the nutrients we need. Sometimes however this isn't possible and then supplements can help. This article isn't intended to replace medical advice. Please consult your healthcare professional before trying any supplements or herbal medicines.